- About Us
- Community Impact
So many reasons to join the Junior League of Montgomery!
The Junior League of Montgomery's new member process opens in the Spring of each year. Please fill out this JLM Prospective Member/Sponsor Form so we will have your information on file.
Prospective new members are invited to attend our "Prospective New Member Open House," which is held each spring. During the Open House you will receive information and materials related to the League's membership benefits, requirements and expectations. If a prospective new member accepts the invitation to become a part of the Junior League of Montgomery, she becomes a Provisional Member in the Fall of that year.
Prospective Member Open House
Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Junior League Montgomery
3570 Carter Hill Road, Montgomery, AL 36111
Benefits of Membership
* Training for effective community leadership.
* Insight into community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions.
* Interaction and partnerships with community leaders.
* Exposure to creative problem solving techniques.
* Make new friends and have opportunities for continued growth and fulfillment.
Any woman may join who meets these requirements:
- Has a strong interest in voluntarism.
- Has a proven commitment to community service.
- Has an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation.
- Must be at least 23 years of age by June 1 of the League year.
- Must live within 35 miels of the Montgomery area. The Montgomery area includes Montgomery county and adjacent counties not designated in another Junior League Membership admissions area.
Become a Member
How to join the Junior League of Montgomery:
- Have one eligible current JLM member as a sponsor (explained on the above Form).
- Complete and return the Provisional Sponsor & Agreement Form by the stated deadline.
- Pay Provisional Dues of $198
During your year as a Provisional Member you will:
- Learn about the Junior League of Montgomery
- Train to become one of our volunteers in the community
- Meet wonderful women who are interested in serving their neighbors and community
Obligations for Provisional Year success include:
- Complete the Provisional Course in its entirety
- Attend General Membership meetings
- Volunteer your time at the Holiday Market and Rummage Sale (or other Spring Fundraiser)
- Complete a mini-placement
- Buy or sell Holiday Market tickets
- Volunteer at Taste of the River Region event
- Buy or sell Shop, Save, Serve passes (or meet quota for other Spring Fundraiser)
How to become an Active member:
- Complete the Provisional year in its entirety
- Pay your annual dues
Obligations of an Active Member:
- Attend three General Membership Meetings per year
- Attend two Leadership/Training Meetings per year
- Pay annual dues
- Complete one Placement per year
- Complete Placement sign-up process in the Spring
- Complete a total of 16 volunteer hours with the Holiday Market and Rummage Sale (or other Spring Fundraiser)
- Purchase $40.00 worth of Holiday Market tickets
- Donate $50.00 worth of rummage to Rummage Sale or meet quota for alternating Spring Fundraiser
For more information about becoming a member of the Junior League of Montgomery, please contact the Junior League office by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 334-288-8816.