Below are the guidelines for our 2021 Scholarship. Updates will be made as we draw closer to the 2022 event, but for reference, we are keeping this live. Start brainstorming your needs now!
EmpowHERment Scholarship Application Guidelines
The Junior League of Montgomery, Inc. (JLM) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. In an effort to motivate and empower women to be catalysts of progress in their professional and personal lives, as well as within their community, the JLM hosts an annual Women’s Leadership Summit (WLS). For the last three years, the WLS has brought together nearly 1,000 women to celebrate International Women’s Day and to encourage and enrich one another. Funds raised through the WLS enables the JLM to award the EmpowHERment Scholarship to women pursuing their passion, purpose, and power by developing or advancing a business, organization, professional development, or a measurable personal goal or ambition. The recipient(s) of the 2022 EmpowHERment Scholarship will be announced at the event on TBD, 2022.
The scholarship request must serve as an enrichment opportunity to enhance, educate, empower, or equip the recipient with continued growth and development in her career, business, or personal brand. We are committed to this focus by identifying and participating in efforts to promote the full potential of women in their chosen area of expertise and influence.
All scholarship applications must be received by TBD, 2022. You may be contacted by the Women’s Leadership Summit Committee member to discuss your application.
The Committee members will thoroughly review each submitted application and make a recommendation to the Junior League Board of Directors.
Awards will be announced and presented to the selected applicant(s) during the Women’s Leadership Summit on TBD, 2022. All applicants not selected for funding will be notified in writing by TBD.
Types of Scholarships:
- General Operating Support for a business or non-profit organization
- Seed/Start up Grant for a business or non-profit organization
- Crisis Grant to cover unexpected expenses hindering the progress of a women’s education, business plan, or professional development.
- An applicant may request a scholarship award in any amount from $250 up to $2,500.
- Requests may be fully or partially funded.
- Payments will be made directly to the higher education institution, recipient’s business or non-profit organization, or, for crisis grants, the recipient will be reimbursed with proper documentation.
- Award recipients must submit an after-action report to the Junior League of Montgomery’s 2022-2023 Women’s Leadership Summit Committee Chair no later than TBD 2022.
- This is a one-time award and will not be eligible for renewal.
Click HERE for the complete application.